Download the COVID Check App
The app is synched with the university’s secure Single-Sign On system. The app does not use GPS tracking.
Using the COVID Check App
- Log in using UC's secure Single Sign On system. UC guests can create a guest account.
- Once logged in, users answer a series of health-related questions, based on CDC guidelines.
- Based on answers, users receive a “Green Pass” or a “Red Pass.” If a "Red Pass" is issued, a member of UC’s COVID Response Team personally connects with the user within 24-48 hours to provide additional information and next steps.
- Data you enter into the App is then sent to a protected database used to analyze trends and assist the COVID Response Team with decision making.
Reporting an Illness
If you report symptoms, you will receive a call and/or email within 24-48 hours from our case investigators, who will provide guidance on next steps.
If further action is deemed necessary, such as testing or contact tracing, the case investigator will obtain necessary details like onset dates of symptoms, close contacts, etc. The name of any individual reporting symptoms will not be shared in the contract tracing process.
Who is Required to Report?
UC students are required to report via the App if they test positive for COVID-19, devlop viral symptoms, or have a known exposure to a COVID-positive person. While not required, faculty, staff and visitors are strongly encouraged to report as well.
Employees who have tested positive for COVID-19 or are not feeling well with COVID-related symptoms should report any expected absence from work to their supervisor, are strongly encouraged to immediately contact their health care provider and, again, may contact the COVID Response Team via the App or web-based tool.
If you have a Red Pass
A Red Pass on the UC COVID Check App can be caused by:
- A positive test result
- New symptoms reported through the app that could represent COVID-19
If you have a Red Pass a member of the UC COVID Check Response Team will contact you about next steps.
You may email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 513-558-1772 or 513-558-1773 if you think you have received a Red Pass in error.
The COVID Check phone lines are staffed Monday through Thursday from 9:00 a.m.- 9:00 p.m. and Friday through Sunday from 9:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m.
A web-based tool is available for non-app users. If you experience technical trouble with the app, please contact the IT@UC Help Desk.
Call the UC COVID Check Response Team hotline at:
- (513) 558-1772
- (513) 558-1773
The hotline is staffed Monday - Thursday from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and Friday - Sunday from 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. You can also email email@example.com for assistance.