Policies & Procedures

The following immunizations are required for all incoming undergraduate, graduate and professional students attending main campus (West and/or Medical), UC Blue Ash, and UC Clermont.

  • Hepatitis B (3 dose) or HEPLISAV-B (2 dose) (or titer showing evidence of immunity)
  • Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) - 2 doses (or titer showing evidence of immunity)
  • Meningitis A if currently 16 to 21 years of age (one dose given on or after age 16)
  • Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis (Tdap) – one adult booster given in the past 10 years
  • Varicella (Chickenpox) - 2 doses (or titer showing evidence of immunity, or history of disease)

Proof of Immunization

For detailed information on each specific immunization requirement and how to submit immunization records, visit University Health Services.

Tuberculosis Screening

Each student must complete a brief tuberculosis [TB] screening questionnaire.

Rooms may be entered by the staff without notice as needed if there is imminent threat of harm to people or property or a substantial disruption to the community (such as a loud stereo left playing). In these cases, staff members leave a note explaining their presence. Our maintenance staff also enters rooms where repairs have been requested via a “work order” at the front desk.

Rooms are entered monthly by technical staff from Public Safety for fire safety inspections and equipment tests, in accordance with local ordinances. Otherwise, we give advance notice, generally at least 48 hours, of room entry.

Residents are responsible to open their door upon request of the staff in cases related to enforcing University policies such as but not limited to quiet hours. Rooms are entered over each break period for health and safety inspection and to assure the readiness of any vacancy for new arrivals.

Prior to Occupancy

You may cancel your Housing Agreement by providing University Housing a written notice via mail, fax or email by the dates and under the conditions identified in your Housing Agreement. Written notice must include your full name and your Student ID number. It must also indicate whether you will still be attending UC.

After Occupancy

Although all residents are expected to fulfill the terms of the Housing Agreement for the full academic year or the portion remaining at the time of assignment, University Housing realizes unforeseen circumstances may prevent a student from fulfilling the Agreement. University Housing will work individually with you if such circumstances occur. Petitions to be released from the Housing Agreement must be received in University Housing by November 30 to be considered for the spring semester. Any early release from the Housing Agreement results in a forfeiture of the $100 application fee.


If you are required to live on campus

Complete a Petition for Release in the housing application portal.

You should be prepared to document and then to discuss in specific terms the reason(s) you are unable to fulfill your contractual responsibilities.

All petitions must be received by the appropriate deadline, as indicated in your Housing Agreement. After the deadline, only those petitions submitted for the next term or for a condition that has occurred since the deadline will be considered for release.

If you are not required to live on campus

You may terminate your contract for subsequent terms without cause upon payment of a termination fee of 50% of room price for each term remaining in your agreement and forfeiture of your $100 application fee.

The University of Cincinnati does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, color, religion,national origin, ancestry, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status or gender identity and expression in its programs and activities.

The university does not tolerate discrimination, harassment, or retaliation on these bases and takes steps to ensure that students, employees, and third parties are not subject to a hostile environment in university programs or activities.

The university responds promptly and effectively to allegations of discrimination, harassment and retaliation. It promptly conducts investigations and takes appropriate action, including disciplinary action, against individuals found to have violated its policies, as well as provides appropriate remedies to complainants and the campus community. The university takes immediate action to end a hostile environment if one has been created, prevent its recurrence, and remedy the effects of any hostile environment on affected members of the campus community.

UC is committed to the ideal of universal web accessibility and strives to provide an accessible Web presence that enables all university community members and visitors full access to information provided on its websites. Every effort has been made to make these pages as accessible as possible in accordance with the applicable guidelines.

All UC-owned and leased properties are considered tobacco free.  

Smoking and tobacco use, including chewing tobacco and electronic cigarettes, are prohibited by students, staff, faculty, visitors, vendors and contractors. Tobacco use is banned in all apartments, balconies, hallways, laundry rooms, parking lots, elevators and inside vehicles on the premises. Additionally, using hookahs to smoke non-tobacco products is also prohibited. 

In Calhoun, Dabney, Daniels, Marian Spencer, Siddall, Stratford Heights, and Turner Halls no alcoholic beverages or alcohol containers are permitted on the premises. This includes cans or bottles used for decoration.

In all other communities, alcohol is permitted as stipulated in the University Alcohol Policy. Persons possessing alcohol must be 21; alcohol is permitted in the room or suite of the approved halls with the door closed. For residents sharing a suite/apartment with someone who is not of legal drinking age, alcohol must be contained in their bedroom and is not permitted in the common areas.

Individuals who bring alcoholic beverages into residence hall rooms or apartments must produce a valid driver’s license, state identification card, or similar government-issued identification upon request as proof of eligibility to possess or consume alcohol.  A Bearcat Card is not acceptable for this purpose. Fake IDs may be reported to police. 

Those found in violation of this policy must immediately dispose of their alcoholic beverages and/or alcohol containers when requested to do so by RED staff and other university officials. 

UC strives to provide a safe environment for its students, which requires that we ALL work together to help ensure that UC’s residence halls and other buildings are as safe as possible. Campus safety is a community responsibility. Please help UC keep our residence halls safe by handling your personal electronic devices with care and in accordance with their user manual to avoid risk of fire.

Additionally, you may not store electronic transportation devices, “homemade” battery powered or electronic devices, and any other flammable devices in the residence halls. As always, please continue to be mindful of the safety of others, as well as yourselves. Failure to uphold your obligations may result in disciplinary proceedings pursuant to the Student Code of Conduct.

Please contact the Office of Accessibility Resources if you require the use of a prohibited item in the residence hall to accommodate a disability.

If you have any questions about whether a device is permissible in the residence halls, please contact Resident Education and Development at 556-6476.